Monday, January 23, 2012

Tiramisu Cake

This is my second attempt to post to my blog so let's hope this works. I made this cake yesterday, on a cold, dreary, rainy, Sunday afternoon during NFL playoffs. Right up front, I was very disappointed in the cake.

It was a lot of work and used a lot of ingredients (a dozen eggs??!!). I had to substitute bourbon for the rum (I live in NC and liquor stores are not open on Sunday). I can't imagine that would alter the taste THAT much. Overall, the cake was pretty to look at but somewhat tasteless. I've made better tiramisu cakes and won't use this recipe again. I suspect that this one will go uneaten. Hopefully, next month's cake will be better.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry this cake turned out to be a flop :(
    Most of our members that made this cake had the same experience. I really hope next months cake turns out better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To the next cake then! Ate our last two slices today!

    ReplyDelete